Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Winning the Boss's Heart and Hayson Manning

Let's welcome Hayson Manning to the blawg! She's talking music. 

Music I Write By


When I sit down and start my writing day, my seventh cup of joe sits on my desk, stare blankly at the screen, then I hit play and let my writing playlist soak into my soul.

Here’s my list of music that gets me where I need to be.

Galveston
Yep. Glen Campbell. Showing my age here, but my mum loved him. My mum died suddenly a long time ago. She’d sing along at maximum volume as if she was twenty-one and leaving Galveston. I play that song, a lot, and it always makes me smile and feel that she’s beside me, singing loudly. It’s also guaranteed to clear the room of my moaning children, so I play it. Often.

Don’t Let me Down
Watching X Factor when it first came to the USA, I fell in love with the voice of LeRoy Bell. This song soaks into my soul and reminds me to believe in myself and to not let myself down.

Hold On
I was watching SNL – Saturday Night Live, and caught Alabama Shakes singing Hold On. It struck me deep in my gut. Brittany Howard sings with everything she has. She reminds me to let go and write with abandon, to dig where I don’t want to go, but where I need to. Write with everything I have.

One
Mary J. Blige and U2. The lyrics are beautiful and listening to them, I hear Bono ripping the words out of his heart. Mary J. Blige adds pain and emotion I can only hope to emulate.

Tongue Tied
This Grouplove song just makes me smile. I don’t know why. It’s my happy song.

Something
Sung by George Harrison. Yeah, going old school, again, but the lyrics in this song and the way he sings it, you know he’s looking at his woman and putting himself out there. Don’t we all want that directed at us? I know I do.

What are the songs that move you?


Blurb Winning the Boss’s Heart
Mason Christian has twelve weeks to flip something old into something new, and then he's getting the hell out of Footsteps Bay - a tiny New Zealand coastal town. Not even his temporary secretary and personal assistant--the feisty, luscious Billie McLeod--will deter him, but there's no denying she makes him feel alive. More alive than he's felt in three years...
Billie has one dream: save enough money to finish her degree. That's why she's agreed to work for hard ass, all-business-no-pleasure Mason Christian--a man who has every intention of destroying through modernization the town's most cherished historical home. Before she can say 'see ya' she's signed on the dotted line and is contractually bound to be Mason's forty-second assistant. But working with male perfection every day is awesome with a capital A--as long as they can stick to a hands-off policy that gets harder every day...

Hayson Manning Bio:
Hayson Manning writes fun and flirty romances with alpha dudes and sassy woman. She lives in Southern California with her lovely sloth children, infuriating but much loved shoe-dropping husband, a tubby opinionated cat (as if a cat doesn't ever have an opinion). There will often be a foster dog parked on the couch waiting for their forever home. She loves a good glass of wine, dreams of winning the lottery, cries while watching Antiques Roadshow and is cannot speak she's sobbing so much by the end of Undercover Boss. She is also an expert at finding new and inventive ways to avoid exercise.

She'd love to hear from you at
www.haysonmanning.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for having me on your blog today, Sofia. It has been a pleasure to be part of your release.

    ReplyDelete