Friday, February 10, 2012
Confessions of a Romance Author: Avoid Writing At All Cost, Redux
It has been way too long since I last confessed...
1. You make a deal with yourself that if you can win Spider Soltaire–four suits–three times in a row, you’ll finally write a few words.
2. You try to convince your doctor you have carpel tunnel and can’t type. *He didn’t give it to me, damn him.*
3. You know, I always wanted to put my personal library in alphabetical order.
4. Your house is actually clean, but of course when you finish you realize the baseboards need another run through.
5. Maybe your daughter’s personal library needs to be put in alphabetical order.
6. You google Belly Button Lint.
7. You take your books out of alphabetical order and put them by copyright date. If it’s the same copyright date then order then by author. This takes time. Lots of time.
8. You consider calling everyone in the yelllow pages just to tell them “Have a great day.” No, you don’t know them, but it’s called WIP avoidance for a reason.
9. Finally, you concede to writing at least one page. Who knows you might end up with two.
But first, you need to google “How to make bread from Scratch.”
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)