Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Confessions of Change: I Relapsed

Some time ago I made a declarative statement on how I’ll be declarative in my statements from now on. I made forceful, self-confident statements for some time. I put out my ideas and theories without filter. I shared the knowledge I thought I had about the craft of writing. And then, like most young adults, I realized I didn’t know jack.

So I stopped making declarative statements. Why? I started to feel like I sounded pompous and arrogant. And plus, I didn’t know jack. I think, I believe started to filter into my vocabulary once again. I started to feel like I sounded meek and uncertain. Fast forward a few years later, I do know what I believe and think. I also know I can be wrong. I can change my mind about something. That’s not arrogant or pompous.

So, what am I going to do about it? I’m going to reclaim the declarative. I’m going to do it on my blog to have a record, because what’s the point of having a blog if you don’t use it?

I will also figure out a way to fix the way the text looks on here.

Then I’ll be back and be all declarative.

No comments:

Post a Comment